Cameron University Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship
The purpose of this endowed scholarship fund shall be to assist deserving full-time students enrolled at Cameron University.
This scholarship shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Recipient must have been enrolled at Cameron as a full-time student for at least two semesters prior to the semester in which the scholarship is to be awarded.
- To initially receive the scholarship, recipient must be classified as a Junior or Senior, have a collegiate retention GPA of 3.0 or better, and maintain a full-time schedule (12 hours or more) for the term of the scholarship. If the recipient drops classes during a semester so that he/she is enrolled in less than 12 hours, they will not be eligible for funds the following semester.
- Once appointed, a recipient may retain the scholarship until degree completion if they remain a full-time student, maintain a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale, and continue making satisfactory progress toward degree completion; however no student will receive more than four semesters of scholarship support.
- Funds will not be provided for a semester in which the student will complete more than 128 credit hours.
- In addition to academic achievement, the recipient must have demonstrated leadership qualities on the Cameron campus.
- In accepting the scholarship, recipient will agree to provide 10 hours of volunteer service each semester in order to receive the scholarship in the following semester. Volunteer service will be coordinated by the Director of Alumni Relations.
- Recipient must acknowledge appreciation in writing to the donors’ representative each year the scholarship is received.
- An exception to the above listed criteria can be made by the University Scholarship Committee, if the recipient is in their final semester.
- $800 per year